We offer three stages of engine upgrades for owners of Porsche 911, Boxsters and Caymans that come equipped the 9A1 3.8L engine. They are as follows:
STAGE I UPGRADES - Consists of bolt-on upgrades and revisions of the engine's intake, exhaust and ECU components. Estimated engine power output of 425hp and 320lb/ft.
- High Flow Air Filters (2)
- IPD Competition Plenum & Porsche 82mm Throttle Body
- Cargraphic Stainless Steel Exhaust Manifolds (OFF-ROAD USE ONLY)
- Cobb Tuning Accessport & Custom BGB Stage I Calibration
STAGE II UPGRADES - Stage I plus installation of a lightweight clutch and Porsche's X51 Carrera GTS Power Kit. Estimated engine power output of 465hp and 320lb/ft.
- INCL. ALL STAGE I UPGRADES
- OEM Porsche X51 Carrera GTS Power Kit
- X51 Aluminum Intake Manifold with Revised Tuning Flap Control
- X51 Intake Cam Shafts (2)
- X51 CNC Ported Cylinder Heads
- Lightweight Competition Clutch (Includes single mass flywheel, pressure plate and clutch disc. – 6 speed transmission only).
STAGE III UPGRADES - Stages I & II plus a stroke increase to 4.0L, or a stroke & bore increase to 4.2L. Estimated engine power output of 490 - 560 hp & 320 - 380 lb/ft of torque (depending on displacement & exhaust).
- INCL. ALL STAGE II UPGRADES
- Displacement Increase to 4.0L or 4.2L
- Porsche Stroker Crank Shaft
- Upgraded Connecting Rods
- Larger Bore Pistons
ADDITIONAL SERVICES AND CONVERSIONS
3.8L ENGINE CONVERSION: Includes a fresh remanufactured 3.8L engine from Porsche Cars North America and ALL labor to remove the existing engine, convert the new 3.8L power plant to Cayman / Boxster fitment, prepare the new 3.8L engine for installation, install the new engine, road test to ensure drivability, prepare the original engine for core return to Porsche and all required shipping costs. 2009 – 2012 987.2 base 2.9L cars require an additional DFI conversion process.
X51 POWERKIT CONVERSION (REQUIRES 3.8L ENGINE): Includes retrofit of Porsche OEM Carrera GTS X51 Power Kit & labor to install in vehicle.
4.0L STROKER CONVERSION (Requires 3.8L ENGINE): Includes 4.0L stroker crankshaft, BGB designed Mahle pistons, Carrillo connecting rods, new bearings, gaskets/seals and hardware. Assumes 500 miles or less on existing engine – higher mileage engines may require additional engine case half plating.
4.2L BIG BORE CONVERSION (Requires 3.8L ENGINE): Includes OEM Porsche stroker conversion parts, BGB designed Mahle pistons for 4.2L cylinder bores, Carrillo connecting rods, new bearings, gaskets/seals and hardware.
CNC PORTED CYLINDER HEADS: Our custom CNC porting is a great addition to any of the above engine conversion to help free up as much as 20rwhp.
PRICING DOES VARY PER APPLICATION, PLEASE CONTACT US FOR A CUSTOMIZED QUOTE.
THE PRICING WILL ASSUME USAGE OF NEW OR REMANUFACRURED OEM PORSCHE PARTS. THESE NUMBERS DO NOT ASSUME ANY ADDITIONAL AFTERMARKET BOLT-ON MODIFICATIONS IN THE FORM OF EXHAUST, INTAKE OR ECU UPGRADES. THESE MODIFICATIONS CAN BE ADDED DURING THE CONVERSION AT NO ADDITIONAL OR DISCOUNTED LABOR COSTS.